Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

WE LOVE OUR DAD!!!

John and his kids

We had a great Father's Day [at least I think we did.. :)] We started with a great breakfast - eggs benedict - one of John's favorite. I quickly put some ribs in the crockpot and whipped up some homemade ice cream. Then off to church we went. Poor John.. ending up helping in nursery... thanks, Sweetheart for filling in :).
After church, we had naps, gifts and dinner preparations began. We had a feast for our Dad. The biggest hit on the menu was baby back ribs. John is a little picky about his ribs (I know, I was taking a risk)... but he LOVED them! Dinner was a success!!!

I think my favorite card of the day was Abigail's... it is really amazing to watch your child grow- and to see them really understand things.

While I was busy in the kitchen that morning, Abigail climbed up to the top shelf in her closet and pulled down her poke-a-dot box with her treasures in it. She found a pen and a card. Here is what her card said:

"Thank you Daddy.
Thank you for playing, jumping, smiling, hugging, eating, swimming,
but most of all loving with me!"

I don't think anyone could say it better!

Dallin was also so proud to give Dad a "tie" sugar cookie he decorated in Sunbeams. It was adorable.

We are truly blessed to have such an amazing man as the father of our home.
John, you are an amazing father and husband. Thank you for always making us a priority and loving us always. I know you are a great Dad, because your children know you love them "millions!"


The Fathers in our Lives
Just wanted to thank our fathers on this special day for all their love and support.
We love you both SO much!
We are so blessed to have you in our lives.



No comments:

Post a Comment