Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Blue Bell

We took advantage of our Dad being home Monday afternoon and headed out to the Blue Bell Factory. We must really like factories :). We have been to Tillamook, Harry and David, and Blue Bell. I was glad John was able to come. I have been planning on making the trip with the kids this summer, but when I found out it was only open M-F... John was a little disappointed he would miss out... so this worked out perfectly.

It is always fun to see how things are made - especially in such mass quantity. I think the kids enjoyed themselves.... however, I think their favorite part was the free ice cream at the end of the tour :). I decided all I need to make fabulous ice cream is a blast freezer. :)



Our Cute Little Tourists

Connor wasn't too excited about sharing his ice cream with anyone until he realized they would share back too. After the initial shock of Dallin's and Abby's spoons in his ice cream - he was excitedly dipping his in everyone's too.

Abby was really excited about this flavor... Crazy Cookie Dough. Crazy is what it was... cake batter ice cream with brightly colored cookie dough chunks. I think Abby had the best description when she said ... "It looks like play-doh!" Play-doh or not.. it was still yummy and she gobbled it right up.

Dallin was super pleased with his selection...
the good old standard... Rainbow Sherbet - Can't go wrong there.

It was a fun afternoon. We were all glad we went.
The kids are always so good to put up with our crazy adventures.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you guys have been busy and only up to FUN!! So glad you guys are having such a fabulous summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am jealous! Blue bell is our favorite ice cream and I'd love to see where it is produced. I love all of your fun activities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't think of a better place to spend a summer day than in an ice cream factory!

    ReplyDelete