Saturday, October 23, 2010

"Wings Over Houston"

In honor of Connor's birthday (because he LOVES planes), we headed to the Houston Air Show on Saturday. It was AWESOME! We LOVED it! I think John and I were just as excited as the kids :). There were planes everywhere! (of course) We had a great time climbing in and out of some.... watching others fly through the air.... and enjoying a little funnel cake.



Look... it's a PLANE!

Our Future Pilot

They even re-in-acted some of the battles from WWII. It was amazing! Planes were flying everywhere! Bombs (really setup explosions) were going off here and there...

And that is when Connor lost it!
I was a little worried that his love for planes was going to be ruined... but don't worry, that love is just too strong to be scared off my some crazy explosions. :)

Climbing inside....
Checking out all the controls... and, of course, smiling for Mom :)




The boys ... saving the day in the Rescue Boat



Checking out some army living...






Loving Funnel Cake.... mmmm ... mmmm ... good :).

We are so glad we stumbled upon this awesome event! We LOVED it!!

3 comments:

  1. What fun! I have never taken the kids to an air show and I know that they would love it. It looks like you guys are taking full advantage of all the things Houston has to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that looks amazing...and by the way, you are such a super cute family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I can't think of a better outing for Connor's birthday! How perfect...minus the "bombing" part. :) What great pics. You all look fabulous. I fully support Connor being a pilot someday.. I'd love some flight benefits. :) Love you all.

    ReplyDelete