Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween PARTY!!!

With Halloween on Sunday this year, we decided to celebrate on Saturday. Sometimes I wish I lived in Utah, where my kids could trick-or-treat normal because everyone has switched their celebration day :). But we don't... so here we are trying to make some holiday fun - Texas style.
Abigail and Dallin making "Witches Wands" for the party.
Yummy Food
Brain, Witches Wand, Spooky Pizzas, Mummy Dogs, Green salsa and black chips, Dirt n' Worms, Pumpkin rolls, Monster cupcakes, Ghost cookes, Monster Jaws... and of course I missed a picture of the Witches Brew (we have fun with the dry ice this year).
Lots of food = lots of fun :).


Ghost bowling

Bobbing for Apples
Poor Abigail has no front teeth... I really mean it ... no exaggeration. So bobbing for apples just wasn't going to happen. She tried the side-bite, but with half of her face in the water - exclaimed, "I just can't bite it!" Maybe next year Abigail.

Dallin bobbing for his apple. He was so proud... "I got the stem!"

Making Monster Slime!

Donuts on a string
Connor was too funny. He was trying so hard not to use his hands. He could get the donut on his lips, but he wasn't sure what to do after that point. Finally Mel lifted up his string a little so he could get under it and get a bite.... Thanks Melanie!

And of course... What is a Texas party without a PINATA????
We decided that since we weren't really trick-or-treating this year, we would do the pinata.
I know the picture is blurry, but I love that you can really get a feel for the night.

Thanks to our friends for coming and playing with us!
We love celebrating the holidays!

Happy Halloween!


2 comments:

  1. What a killer party!! Oh my! You seriously know how to do it. I love all of the food.. it's perfect. You did an awesome job! All the party games= perfect. Why can't we be neighbors so I can be invited to your parties?!? So fun! Love that you guys don't have to be "bundled" up and that you can actually see the costumes. What a fun year. Poor John missed out. So glad you could party with friends. Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun party, sorry we missed it. We definitely need to have some other sort of shin-dig before too long!

    ReplyDelete