Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Papa Comes to Town: Part 1

Lucky for us... Papa came to town this past weekend. We had a BLAST! It is always fun to watch my kids interact with their grandparents. They love them all so much!

It was especially nice for me to have another set of hands around to help out while John is away in China. Poor Papa played SO hard.... I think he needs a vacation from his vacation. To start off the trip ... he arrived late Friday night/ Saturday morning (depending on how you look at it) and wasn't in bed until probably between 1:30 - 2 am! But he was up bright and early jumping on the trampoline with the kids. From that moment on - it was non-stop fun!

Ring Around the Rosie with Papa
(Connor's favorite next to Duck, Duck, Goose)


Bottom Buster Fun!

Saturday we spent the day not far from home. Papa's suitcase didn't make it with him the night before, so we needed to be close to home to sign for it when it arrived...
So, to the park we went.

Choo-Choo Train with Papa

Abby and Papa ... the climbers

Sliding....
And Swinging.

Painting... everyone loves to paint :).

Playing computer games on Papa's "puter"

The Boys Riding Scooters


We finished off Saturday night with ice-cream treats. The kids were so excited to pick out their very own ice-creams (little $1 containers)... they were in heaven!

Sunday was a quieter day.... but an eventful one for Connor.
Last Sunday was his first Sunday in NURSERY!!!!
Ready or not... here comes Connor!


He did pretty well for his first time. He made it through play time without any problems at all, but once he realized his people were gone and toy time was over .. he wanted out of there! Lucky for me (because I was doing Sharing time in Primary) Papa was there to calm him down and spent the rest of nursery along side Connor.... Thank you, Papa!

Not only did Papa save Connor on Sunday, but he also saved me! Between Friday night picking up Papa at the airport at midnight and taking John to the airport at 3am and then getting up early on Sunday to prepare for church.... I was SO tired! I felt terrible ... I laid my head down on the floor for a minute while watching Papa and the kids play in the toy room... and the next thing I knew I woke up a couple hours later with a blanket on top of me. Thanks dad for the nap ... it was so nice!!!

Of course, Sunday night we had root-beer floats while watching our Sunday night movie, The Princess and the Frog. The kids were loving life.

The Fun Continues in Part 2....

4 comments:

  1. Wow... I can't believe you crammed so much fun into Dad's trip! That's amazing. I simply love all the pics. Don't even know where to start. Papa looks like one of the kids... playing so hard! Love it. Love that he let you nap.. that's so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun. I got to figure out what kind of paint you use. Are you just using finger paints? It seems kid friendly and you don't seem too worried about cleanup. My kids love to paint, but I don't love the mess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the photos of "Papa" with your kids. What fun memories they will have!

    ReplyDelete