Monday, April 26, 2010

Birthdays Come and Birthdays Go

Can you believe another year has come and gone... another birthday passed?
I can't! My birthday always seems to sneak up on me.

It was a wonderful birthday! Being Sunday, it was a low-key easy going day. The best present of all... that our Daddy was home! John was a trooper. 13 hour time difference from China doesn't make for an easy adjustment back to our time zone :). But he really tried to make my birthday special :). He even baked a cake... and decorated it too :). What a guy!

This year John and I combined our birthday gift and got ourselves an ice-cream maker! It has been lots of fun... we cracked it open yesterday and made our very first batch of "Ben and Jerry's Mint Oreo" ice cream. YUMMY!

After dinner, we headed to the park to fly some "Chinese Kites." Too bad the camera battery was dead... it was such a picture perfect scene. John flying this long string of little kites all in a row... with his little ones running underneath shouting "Up kites up!" It was a perfect way to celebrate my birthday.... spending time with my little family. They truly are a blessing in my life. I love them!

After kite flying we came back and enjoyed Dad's fabulous cake with a little of our homemade ice-cream :).


It was a wonderful birthday!
Thanks to everyone for your sweet cards and birthday wishes on my special day... I love you all!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to you!! What a fun day. I wish your camera was charged for the kite flying too! Sounded so fun. What a good lookin' cake... John did an awesome job. We love you and we're so happy your special day turned out special. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday (yesterday). Hope it was a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should have known, strawberries on the cake! :) I'm so glad John was home in time to be with you. And the ice cream maker was a success! It sounds like a great birthday.

    Abigail's letter and pictures are darling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday!!!! The cake looks amazing. I can't believe we are almost 30...YIKES!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy B-day!! You guys have been up to lots of fun lately. Glad your dad could come and break up the time with John gone...but cool to go to China! Jealous of all the yummy strawberry picking. Hope you had a fabulous special day!

    ReplyDelete