Monday, October 26, 2009

Dewberry Farms

Saturday afternoon we had a great time as a family at Dewberry Farms (a "pumpkin patch" in Houston... well an hour away). The kids had a great time!!

They had all kinds of fun things to do and see... petting/seeing animals in the barn, feeding the goats, duck races (water pump with rubber duck), a corn crib, trikes to ride, slides, rope swings, a hay ride, and pumpkins too. We spent about 4 hours there... and the kids could have still play hard for another hour at least.

John and I were discussing pumpkin patches the other day. You just can't seem to find a traditional farm anymore with pumpkins growing in a field. Although this farm was definitely commercialized... it was still lots of fun.






Yes, that is Connor chewing on a turkey leg.. he lOVED it!!! I couldn't get it away from him :).




2 comments:

  1. What a fun place! I can't believe how many different things they had for the kids to do! Love all the pics of the kids. Abby is looking so grown up these days.. and Connor chewing on the turkey leg.. SO funny! Dallin cracks me up too... too cool for school in his sunglasses.

    Don't lose hope.. there are some real pumpkin patches out there... there's one by my house that we went to. A family owned farm baby! Obviously not as "fun" as this, but very authentic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo cute...I know, I didn't even remember you lived in Houston until the very last day and I thought...I should have called Ellice. Next time for sure. Your family is sooo cute, and not that I didn't like the minivan, I just felt a little older (don't you feel like you're not old enough to drive one?) Hope you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete