Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Another first day

Can you believe it??? My baby (well, one of them) is going to Preschool!!!!



Dallin was SO excited for his turn to go to school this morning. He kept asking me... "Is it time yet?? Is it time to get in the car??" I was a little worried last week thinking about this day. Dallin has a shy side, especially in new situations and sometimes this shy side can last awhile. I was so surprised today as he jumped out of the van and ran to the front door of his preschool (the kids are supposed to go in on their own). I could barely get him to stop long enough to snap this one picture. No tears were shed. I was so happy. And he was MORE than happy.
After I picked him up, he kept talking about how fun it was and all the great things he did - holding the flag for the pledge, reading an apple man story, eating apples, making a craft... on and on. He was so proud. I am so glad that he is able to have such a positive experience. Thank you Ms. Annie :).

When we got home Dallin decided we needed a way to celebrate. So he announced... "I know! We can make banana pie!!" And so that is just what we did. Dallin and I made Banana Cream Pie. Yum! Dallin was even excited to be able to pick the pie crust... I let him get the individual ones :). He was pretty excited!

Way to go Dallin! We are so proud of you! I can't believe you are growing up so fast.

4 comments:

  1. I'm amazed!! So proud of Dallin for being so excited and going in all by himself. He's so big! Maybe the shy guy is gone! And.. what a fun treat. Love the mini pies. Congrats Dallin! We love you! Have so much fun on all your adventures this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THIS! what a sweet guy! tell him his tucka tucka partner is so proud of him! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. So grown up. I can't believe he is in preschool already!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously love this too--he looks so happy!!

    ReplyDelete