Thursday, February 25, 2010

Course 1 .... Complete!


I finally did it... I learned to make a rose! Not the easiest cake skill in the world, but doable. For me the trickiest part was the consistency of the frosting. Who knew that was the hardest part of cake decorating... not too hard, so you can actually get it out of the decorator bag and not too soft or you end up with the pink roses on my cake - looking like they are melting :). All of the roses were supposed to be pink, but that frosting was having trauma...
so white will have to do :).

I think this was my best effort :).

Now on to Course 2 ....

**Thanks Loni for getting me to take this class it was tons of fun!

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome! I have always wanted to take a cake decorating class. You have inspired me. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing. You totally should've made Mylie's cake and overnighted it! :) I'm so excited for you. And I'm glad you're doing course 2. What a fun thing for some "YOU" time. You deserve it. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am WAY impressed. Too bad your weren't closer or I would have you make Weston's birthday cake!

    ReplyDelete