Friday, September 23, 2011

Intro to NYC

Our first weekend outing ... A "Big Taxi Tour."

Not only had John set up the house (unloading boxes and arranging furniture), but now he was determined to help his little family know a little bit more about this "foreign" land we now call home. We set out toward Rockefeller Center, jumped on our tour bus and immediately were blown away by all the sights and sounds of NYC. It was nice to be able to see the main attractions/sights of downtown in one sweep. Part of me was more confused than ever ... the other part of me just in shock... "Did I really move my family here?"





Once reaching Battery Park, we decided to get off the bus tour and venture out on our own for a bit. The boys were anxious to use some of their never ending energy.


Battery Park has a beautiful view of the Statue of Liberty. I love this picture of John with his little ones and the Statue in the background.


From Battery Park you can catch the Staten Island Ferry for an even better view of "Lady Liberty." The kids were so excited to get on the orange ferry. I was so grateful John is extremely good at navigating large crowds of people.


View of Manhattan leaving the ferry docks.

Connor wasn't too sure about standing in a boat. He preferred a comfy seat against the wall, while the other two loved watching the sights and sounds from the balcony of the ferry.



Our last stop for the night... Times Square.

WOW!!!! I think Abigail's reaction was the best ...

As we came out of the subway and began to take in all the lights, shops, and people... Abigail turned to John and I and said, "This is paradise!" Not exactly my thoughts, but I am really grateful that our kids are enjoying everything NYC has to offer.


One of the kids favorite places in Times Square... the M&M store.
So many colors... so much fun :).


It was a full day.
John was an excellent tour guide.
I can't say I feel settled, but I am excited to see more of the city we now call home.

No comments:

Post a Comment