Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Thursday

Medford, OR: Home of Harry and David.... I had no idea!

I was so excited to find out that one of my favorite stores was offering tours at their local factory. So Thursday we went loaded the tour bus. It was pretty fun... the kids enjoyed seeing where everything is made and watching them assemble all of the treat towers and packages. But I must say, one of our favorite things was the giant sized Harry and David store. The samples just kept coming... and everything tasted so good. We walked away with some great clearance deals, which always makes this mama happy :).


Riding the tour bus:
I think the kids just loved being able to sit in a big person seat with their own seat belt!




We really like Medford, but the fact that they have 7 Orthodontics (4 of them being LDS) doesn't really play into our favor. After checking out the areas of both Medford and Redding (again) - looking at various houses and Orthodontic offices - we decided it was time to head back to the Clarks.

Back on the road - heading south on I-5

Mt Shasta
This view was breathtaking! The mountain was amazing... just towering over the valley.


Lake Shasta
We are definitely going to have to go House-boating/waterskiing on this lake in the future!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! I just got done looking at all your "adventure" posts. What a trip! It all looks so beautiful...makes me want to move to N. Cal. So fun you got to see the Clarks again! Good luck with the rest of your journey, I'll be checking up to see the latest :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing your post makes me homesick! I forget how beautiful it is there when I have been away for awhile. What a wonderful adventure for your family getting to visit all of those places. I can't wait to see where you guys end up!

    ReplyDelete