Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Update

I realized I haven't posted in almost 3 weeks!!!  Not good.  So I must explain.... 

My first excuse is that my computer is once again full and I can't download anymore pictures from my camera... I really need to figure something out.... 

Second... things really haven't been too exciting around here.  Dallin is sick (with hand-foot-mouth) - which, by the way, is no fun!!!  At first we thought it was a normal flu bug.. to be gone in about 24 hours... but boy were we wrong!  We are now on day #6.... !!!!!  I really don't handle whining well, but usually when you have a sick child you can just say... oh they are sick, it will be better in a couple of days... but let me tell you... an entire week of whining... it really gets to you.  But I guess if my mouth was full of sores... I would be whining too.  Got to give the kid a break.  

As far as an update... 

Abby is still Abby - loving life.. singing all the time.  She even made up a song to help her eat her dinner tonight.  I feel bad for her... she is feeling a little cooped up lately, but it is raining so we wouldn't be going anywhere anyway.  :)  

Dallin... well we talked about him.. SICK!

Connor has found his tongue!  I love that stage.  He is constantly sticking it in and out.  He is getting bigger everyday.  

We did have a good weekend (when we thought Dallin just had a fever bug and it was going to get better the next day) - We went camping!  I know ... not smart parents... what were we thinking.  But we did have a great time with friends.  Abby and Dallin both caught their first fish!!  They loved it!  We once again enjoyed roasting hot dogs and marshmallows over the fire.  :)  Other than that we have been hanging out at home - watching lots of movies, trying to get Dallin to eat something... anything, playing games and taking naps.  We are hoping for a full recovery by the weekend... fingers crossed :)  

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry it's been so rough around your house lately! Your little Dallin IS so sick and so sad. I've heard it first hand and it breaks my heart. I've also heard Miss Abby first hand and I think you might be right.. she's getting some cabin fever and may not know it! :) Love her!! I wish we could make it all go away. Hang in there girl. You're a great mama and your gang will be back to themselves in no time... hopefully! Now... the Connor man... he's just a doll... boy doll! :) I love the tongue stage too. Can't wait to see you guys in a couple weeks. Get better! Sending our love to you all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Ellice, that is very rough! I think you need a super date after getting through this week. Perhaps you should bring it up with John how deserving you are. Let's hope for a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so where have I been? I didn't know Dallin was sick--no fun is right. Alyssa kept saying that Abby and Dallin were going to come over for play group yesterday. We missed you guys of course, but I hope that you are all doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry to hear about Dallin! Not fun! I hope he is well now because I was hoping to see you soon (like tomorrow at the park) now that we are back in town! Let's chat soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ill walk you through skirts anytime...will you walk me through putting your pictures in squares?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa. I just now figured out that my Google Reader has not been feeding me your posts. I have missed out on months of Wirthlin family fun! Anyway, I don't think you're stupid parents at all for going camping with sick kids. It's your friends who are dumb enough to go with you! :)

    ReplyDelete