Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Never a Dull Moment


Tonight...

I put a pot of water on the stove to boil... had cut the potatoes... placed the chicken in the pan... when Dallin came running in from outside. Where he had playing on Abigail's scooter. Yes... he had gashed his head. He somehow hit his head on the end of the handle bars - which are exposed metal. Wonderful. Luckily I knew John was on his way home. I called him ... asking... "Where are you right now??" He was in the driveway. He came in took one look and I turned off the pot of boiling water... put the chicken back in the fridge ... loaded up the children and headed out to find the best ER/ Clinic to stitch Dallin's head.

Lucky for us ... we have a great friend who offered to stitch him up for us at home. Thank goodness. So Dallin got his 8 stitches laying on the floor at his "bestest friend's" house. This poor kid is going to have a lot of stories to tell on his forehead. Remember our last adventure with 15 stitches almost two years ago??

Before the Stitches

After

"The culprit"

This is what left the imprint on Dallin's face.

Hopefully we won't have anymore major adventures tonight so that I can finally get the Christmas tree up :).

6 comments:

  1. I can't believe this happened!! Poor Dallin. He's one tough kid! Can't believe he had to get so many stitches. Love you Dallin!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry about the stitches. Poor Dallin. He is going to be so tough. He definitely has war wounds. And I am glad you had a nice Thanksgiving in Utah. Your pictures were darling. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Dallin. I hope it heals up OK.

    (And Santa is bringing scooters this year to our house. I'll have to check out the handle bars.)

    By the way, I LOVE the picture of John with the kids all dressed up for the First Thanksgiving. I know Billy will definitely want to see that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear about the accident! Poor kid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember the wound from 2 years ago! Poor kid! Hope he stays in the clear for at least another 2.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hasn't that poor noggin been through enough already? I'm glad you were thinking clearly enough to put the chicken back in the fridge!

    ReplyDelete